Have questions about Trulance?
Get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Trulance.
- You should not give Trulance to children 6 years to less than 18 years of age. It may harm them
- Do not take Trulance if a doctor has told you that you have a bowel blockage (intestinal obstruction)
It’s not known if Trulance is safe to take if you are pregnant, or if Trulance can pass through your breast milk. Before taking Trulance, talk to your doctor to see if Trulance is right for you, or about the best ways to feed your baby while taking Trulance.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time to try to make up a missed dose.
Taking Trulance in applesauce
- Crush the Trulance tablet in a clean container until it is a powder
- Mix with 1 teaspoon of room temperature applesauce
- Swallow all of the Trulance and applesauce mixture right away. Do not keep the Trulance and applesauce mixture for future use
Dissolving Trulance in water
- Place the Trulance tablet in a clean cup and pour 1 ounce (30 mL) of room temperature water into the cup
- Gently swirl the Trulance tablet and water for 10 seconds, or until the Trulance tablet falls apart
- Swallow all of the Trulance tablet and water mixture right away. Do not keep the mixture for future use
- If you see any part of the tablet left in the cup, add another 1 ounce (30 mL) of water to the cup, and swirl for at least 10 seconds, and swallow right away
Diarrhea is the most common side effect of Trulance, and can sometimes be severe. If you experience severe diarrhea, stop taking Trulance and call your doctor. These are not all of the possible side effects of Trulance. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Take Trulance by mouth, 1 time each day—with or without food, or exactly as your doctor tells you to take Trulance.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Call 1-888-869-8869 or ask your doctor or pharmacist during your next appointment/prescription refill.